Our October Gift - Feeding America
Because of YOU and your support of DollarFund, we are able to give to feed the hungry and help provide food for so many in need around the world.
Our October Gift – Feeding America
Food :: it’s a necessity for our life. It’s something we have access to and tend to eat multiple times per day. We never have to worry about when the next time we get a meal will be. Food is many times something we don’t even think much about because it’s just a normal part of our everyday lives.
When was the last time you had to worry about when you were going to be able to eat? Have you ever had to worry about not getting food again? For most of us, food is something we take for granted in our day to day life. But for 821 million people around the world, food is hard to come by and they are left hungry.
We shared some shocking stats about hunger with you in our last blog post, but in case you missed it here are some of the stats about hunger in children specifically. Poor nutrition causes nearly half (45%) of deaths in children under five – 3.1 million children each year. One out of six children — roughly 100 million — in developing countries is underweight. 66 million hungry children attend school hungry and needing food. This is so heartbreaking.
Facts about hunger in America
Millions of children and families living in America face hunger and food insecurity every day.
- Due to the effects of the coronavirus pandemic, more than 42 million people may experience food insecurity, including a potential 13 million children.
- The pandemic has most impacted families that were already facing hunger or one paycheck away from facing hunger.
- According to the USDA’s latest Household Food Insecurity in the United States report, more than 38 million people in the United States experienced hunger in 2020.
- Households with children are more likely to experience food insecurity. Before the coronavirus pandemic, more than 12 million children live in food-insecure households.
- Every community in the country is home to families who face hunger, including rural and suburban communities.
- Many households that experience food insecurity do not qualify for federal nutrition programs and visit their local food banks and other food programs for extra support.
Enter: Feeding America. Their mission is end hunger. For more than 40 years, Feeding America has responded to the needs of individuals struggling with food insecurity in this country. In times of uncertainty, we have not wavered from our mission to end the fight against hunger.
Because of YOU and your support of DollarFund, we are able to give to Feeding America and help provide food for people who are hungry and in need of food.
In a country that wastes billions of pounds of food each year, it’s almost shocking that anyone in America goes hungry. Yet every day, there are millions of children and adults who do not get the meals they need to thrive. We work to get nourishing food – from farmers, manufacturers, and retailers – to people in need. At the same time, Feeding America also seek to help the people we serve to build a path to a brighter, food-secure future.
We are so excited to partner with this amazing organization to help feed the hungry. With your donations from the month of October, we are helping to feed the hungry and provide meals and food to those in need. Thank you for supporting DollarFund and partnering with us to make this possible. We are thrilled to be able to provide so many meals to the hungry children in India and we couldn’t do it without each and every one of you!
With our growing community of donors, we’re ready to help fund the true forces of good in this world. All it takes is $1. We welcome you to join us and share this message. Do you know of an accredited non-profit working to feed those who are hungry? Let us know by nominating them and we’ll consider them for future gifts.